Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Drive Angry 3D

Yes I am sad to admit that I went and saw this piece of total and complete crap! I knew that this movie was gonna be dumb but I thought I would give Drive Angry the benefit of doubt.Clearly I should have stuck with my gut because I knew it was going to be DREADFUL! I never hardly ever say that a movie is just plain bad but this movie was just sad.....sick...and wrong.

Basically we have Nic Cage (who is an OSCAR WINNING ACTOR....I don't get how the mighty have fallen!) as a guy who breaks out of hell and steals Satan's gun. So a demon called The Accountant is sent up to Earth to find him. He's kinda like a mix between Saint Peter and Satan's book keeper, he knows when you will die and where you will go. So anyways Nic Cage comes back to Earth because his daughter was mixed in a cult and she gets killed and the cult steals her baby. So Cage has till midnight on a full moon to get his grand baby back before they kill her for some cult thing.

Of course no terrible movie is complete without a female who is hot but has no talent!! She is basically along for the looks because she runs around in short shorts and kicks a lot of butt and swears a lot....for no real reason.

This movie was all about the stupid shock for example it's been 5 minutes without a random and pointless nude scene....let's just throw some naked people in the background. STUPID Oh wait it's been 10 minutes better throw in an over the top sex scene that has nothing to do with the movie! The acting in this movie was just shameful....these actors should be ashamed....this is not something they should put on their resume! I mean it would have made more sense for them to hold the scripts in their hands and recite it that way. At least it would excuse the fact that it was being read instead of recited. Even Cage was terrible...I'm talking pure crap. Stupid one liners with a bunch of F-bombs shoved in there for no real reason!

The only character that I could tolerate was the Demon because at least he was a bit of humor. He was there to be a little weird because the dude is from Hell. He is a little bit on the odd side but that is what makes him so likable.

One of my major beefs with this movie was how it romanticized Hell. It made it seem like a hardcore prison that people can just break out of. At one point the Demon says the the Devil is basically a glorified warden just doing his job!! What kind of crap is that!? Plus they made it seem like ok Cage has broken out of Hell and it's no biggie because everyone is cool in the end....WHAT?! It made no sense what so ever!!!!!!

The only....ONLY thing that was cool about this movie was the cars. The 3D sucked the whole movie but seeing those cars race in 3D was cool. I would have rather watched that instead of the crap-tastic acting I subjected too!

Do not go see this movie it is a waste of time, energy, and money!
I give it a D-
(the only reason it's not an F is because of the hot cars....that's it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment