Saturday, February 19, 2011

I Am Number Four

That's right I went and saw the movie with the dumbest title of the year. The movie itself was pretty good but that title just killed me! I mean come on it's almost as good as Snakes on a Plane. I thought they could have come up with a much better title but that it just the snob in me, so I shall move on!

As I said, I did indeed go see this movie with my movie buddy aunt Kathy! We both really like these types of magic films where people have powers and could do really awesome tricks that I wish I could do! The special effects in the movie were AWESOME and I was impressed. It really worked in the movie, I believed the special effects. They were incognito and they seemed more everyday powers. I know how weird that sounds but I think it makes sense. You believe that these kids were born with these powers and they use them at random times.

Anyway let's get into the movie, I must say that Timothy Olyphant made the movie for me. I love this guy and think he is a super actor. He can bring the drama and a tiny bit of humor. He plays the warrior protector assigned to number 4. Number 4 is played by new comer Alex Pettyfer whose acting needs to come a long way. He was ok in this role but you could tell that this is one of his early films. Each kid is assigned a protector to keep them safe and most of the kids are on their own because the protector has died trying to keep these kids alive. The kids are from another planet and keeping them alive can SAVE THE EARTH! I know, very very original concept, not at all like Superman, Thor, or the Green Lantern. (SARCASTIC!)

To make things difficult while trying to stay off the grid the boys meets a girl named Sarah played by Dianna Agron (also known as Quinn from Glee!) Her acting is better than the most but the best character beside Timothy is Teresa Palmer!!! She plays Number 6 and she is AWESOME. She kicks so much butt and just beats the crap out of everyone! She doesn't come until the end of the movie but she saves the movie! It gets a little slow in the middle and she shows up just in time to save the film!

So basically it's about a boy with super powers trying to find other kids with super powers while trying to stay alive because bad aliens are trying to kill them while he is entering high school and has a crush on a girl.....wow. If you like action and good special effects I think you will like it. It has action for the boys and romance for the girls!

over all I give it B

No comments:

Post a Comment