Saturday, March 12, 2011

Red Riding Hood

I have been wanting to see this movie since I saw the first promo. I thought Red Riding Hood looked amazing and I figured the director was the same as Twilight so why not try it. I have to say I was a little disappointed, I thought there would be more to the story. The writing was pretty awful and the acting was so so. The thing that made me the most mad was how predictable the movie was. There was nothing left to shock or surprise me. Maybe the problem was I had my expectations much too high for a film like this. You can tell they were aiming for the younger teen crowd and I think that is what effected the story.

I must say the use of color in this movie was amazing, the only red was from the hood and it just added such a pop. It was also nice because it starts in fall and moves to winter. So we have those awesome brown and orange leaves then that awesome white snow. Also the priest played by Gary Oldman wears the only purple which makes him even more sinister.

The acting was ok, Amanda Seyfried plays a great red rider. She basically plays a girl who can't decide between two really good looking boys who both love her....Marsha Marsha Marsha. She finds out that she has a connection to the wolf and the town freaks out and claims she is a witch.

I don't know, I just had so many mixed feelings about this movie. It wasn't the worst thing I've seen but it's not the best either. It was just sort of so so

I give it a B

No comments:

Post a Comment