Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cedar Rapids

Cedar Rapids was this little independent style film that I heard about but then it fell off the face of the earth. I saw it advertised like a zillion and a half times but then I couldn't find it anywhere. Well tonight my aunt and I were trying to figure out what movies to see and we found Ceder Rapids. I am SOOOOOO happy we went and saw this movie. I don't think I have laughed that hard since The Hangover.

Basically the movie stars Ed Helms and John C Reilly as insurance agents at a conference. Ed Helms is from a really really small town in Wisconsin. It's one of those towns where everyone knows everyone. Well a tragedy breaks out and Helms has to head out this conference.

When he gets to the big bad Cedar Rapids he meets up with Reilly who is really crazy drunk man. Reilly is the bad end of insurance and he helps Helms to cut loose. They get into all kinds of trouble together and it is a laugh a minute!

I have to say this movie was really funny, I laughed almost the whole time. You should have a head up that the language is just dirty, they go for the shock value. They talk about anything dirty and it is really funny but you just need to be ready for it.

Helms character is so sweet and innocent and you just can't help but like him. He is so sweet it's almost sad, you just don't want him to get hurt. He is so easily swayed by his new friends but in the end he becomes a better man because of it.

Over all it was really funny and I liked it alot!

I give it a B

No comments:

Post a Comment