Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Possession

So this weekend was a very lazy one for yours truly. I was determined to do absolutely nothing and that is just what I did....Nothing. I got in a much needed movie weekend and tried to not be stressed by the busy week. So I rented a bunch of movies and watched some of my own. I watched some X-men because I was in a very big Hugh Jackman mood. Then I started to watch some yummy Vin Diesel. Now on the DVD for Babylon AD there was a trailer for a movie with Sarah Michele Gellar called Possession.

So being the good film person that I am I decided to go out and rent this movie. I wondered why I had never heard of it and then I figured out why....it's a Yari picture. For those of you that don't know Yari was this fantastic little film company that made beautiful films. Their films was full of big epic sets and amazing stories. Sadly, this production company had to claim bankruptcy in about 2008. So all the films that were apart of them kinda got screwed. This film was one of them....it was put on hold and hoped for a theater release which never happened. This movie was one of those that was sent right to DVD. It's such a shame too because this was a good movie!

So I put in this movie and loved it so much! It was about Jess and her husband. They are the perfect little cheesy couple that everyone hopes to be someday. She is a lawyer and he is an artist. Well Ryan (husband) has a brother named Roman who lives with them. Now Roman is a troubled man that Jess was hired to represent and then Jess met Ryan and they fell in love. Well Roman just gives Jess the creeps and tells Ryan she wants him out. So one day Roman storms out of the house and he gets into an accident. The other car is his brother Ryan and they both end up in a coma.

So there is poor Jess waiting for her husband to wake up and instead Roman wakes up. Now here is the kicker....Roman thinks he's Ryan! He tells Jess all these private stories and know everything about their lives together. So this is where the movie gets really good. Do you believe that in some way the spirit of Ryan went into the body of Roman? Is Ryan still in his body in a coma? Is Roman telling the truth? Why does sarah michele gellar get to be in a movie with two sexy men? These are all questions we ask in this film.

Now I will be a good little film critic and not tell you what happens but I must tell you....it's GOOD! I must tell you to watch the film and then go to the special features. There is a really long alternate ending that I suggest you check out. I couldn't decide which one I liked better.... I suppose you can be the real judge of that!

I give it an A

On a little side note I must tell you I have now become head over heels for Lee Pace the man that plays Roman. I had never seen Pushing Daisies but I now will watch it because i love this man! So sexy and talented and I can't wait to see him in more stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment