Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Megamind

This one was a nephew movie and he has been asking me for weeks to see this one. He actually had my sister call me to tell me what date it was coming out....that's right I'm that aunt! He was so worried that I was going to see it without him, it was cute!

So going into it I knew it would be funny because I have total faith in Tina Fey and Will Ferrel. I was more worried about the adult jokes that would be hidden in the film and I am happy to report that there are not any. The film is very good for the kids and very sweet. It teaches them that not every bad guy is a bad guy. We need to take a deeper look at the people we do not like and see if there is something more there. It also shows kids to not judge because of the way someone looks.

Along the way we see that Megamind was made a bad guy because Metroman was always the favorite. He figured the only thing he was good at was being bad. (A good lesson for parents to kids as well, the naughty kid does not like being that way but knows no other way) So Megamind tries to take over the city and along the way he creates another supervillain. So he must make a choice if he wants to be good or be bad. The hero or the villain....very complex ;)

I really enjoyed this movie and thought it was fantastic and charming. It proves to kids that there is more than meets the eye. Don't ever give up what you are fighting for and don't be afraid to stand up for what is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment