Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hereafter

With this film I did not know what to expect! I didn't know if it would be action packed or more drama centered. I knew going into it that it was a Clint Eastwood film, so you kinda know what to expect with his films. They start really well but then they slow down and you need to focus. In the end the movie is always worth it but you have to be willing to hang on to the ride! I enjoy Clint's movies and think he is a very good director, he knows how to pick his scripts. My favorites of his are Midnight In The Garden Of Good and Evil and Mystic River. Both were amazing films and the audience really gets attached to the characters. Bravo Mr. Eastwood!

So this films is about Matt Damon who plays a psychic that can talk to the dead. He is basically trying to live the everyday life but is always being asked to do readings. Then the story also follows a french reporter who survives and crazy disaster. I'm not gonna tell you which one because it is so amazing on film. One of the best openings of a movie I have ever seen...truly! The film is also about a little boy who loses someone close to him and his struggle to go on with life. All of these stories are very separate but they end up connecting before the credits roll.

I was sad because I wanted more of the Matt Damon Story and felt a little cheated. I wanted to know more about his life and his character but we never find out. So don't go into it thinking it's all about him because it's not at all. He is just one minor piece of a much bigger puzzle. Either way the film really captures the human feelings of loss and pain. The people who are just trying to make it one day at a time.

I really enjoyed the film and will not be shocked if it get some nominations this year. Very touching and sweet...be ready because it's a little long but still really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment