Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Marmaduke

That's right I saw Marmaduke and I don't even have the excuse of saying it was because my nephew wanted to see it....this was all me! I decided to top off my Lee Pace marathon by checking out this kids movie. I must say I am happy that I did not pay to see it in theaters but it was cute. It sort of reminded me of a mix between Marley and Me and Beverly Hills Chihuahua. It was fun to see the family interact with the dog as he tries to talk to them even though they don't understand each other. I really enjoyed the chemistry between Marmaduke and Phil as they have this owner pet. Although you really can not tell who thinks they are in charge.

Basically the family moves to LA to try a new life. Marmaduke is basically put into the whole high school drama but with dogs at the dog park. It's very new kid in town and trying to be popular. So as the dog is finding his place the kids are also trying to fit into their parents lifestyles and trying to make others happy instead of themselves. Phil is trying to be the new head of project design for a dog food company and he tries to fit in. Of course Marmaduke messes things up at every turn. And what dog film would be complete without the dog running away and the whole family coming together to try and find him. It was a very predictable film that your kids will like. It was cute and adorable but not my favorite kids movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment