Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Sorcerer's Apprentice

The Sorcerer's Apprentice was actually a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I knew that it would be filled with action because it's a Nick Cage movie but it also had a lot of humor. The story was filled with action and tons of amazing magic. I also took my 6 year old nephew to it and he loved it. It's very family friendly and has some cheesy moments.

Right from the start you know there is going to be action and special effects. It makes me wish I knew how to create a fire ball and throw it across the room! Cage is the perfect part for this film. He is able to play serious and even wise. T he character is called to be hundreds of years old and you believe he could be. He really shows this wise older mentor type person.

I must say the film would be nothing without Jay Baruchel! He really steals the film and shows what a great actor he is. He has a long career ahead of him and I can't WAIT to see it! He character is just so easy to like and relate to! So charming and so nerdy but that's what makes the character to easy to enjoy.

Over all it's a family friendly movie that has TONS of action. There is barely any time to rest because you are on the edge of you seat!!!

Action: yep!
Adventure: Tons
Magic: It makes Harry Potter look like he's in preschool!!!!!

Overall: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment