Saturday, July 10, 2010

Predators

So this film sort of crept up on me. I had heard rumors about it and must say I was pleased. Basically this is not a reboot of the original Predator but more of a part 3. It does not follow the Aliens vs Predator stories which was fine by me. It is suppose to take place after the first two. The first film is in fact used as background for the whole story.

To be totally honest I have never seen the original film (GASP!) I know I know! Don't worry it is on my list of films to see. I must say that this film does go after the darkness we all have inside us. The characters are all dark and kinda evil. They are soldiers and people who fight to survive. Which is why the creatures want them. The idea is that they are brought to their planet as sport to hunt. Humans are the rat in a maze or the deer in the wild.

Adrian Brody plays our main emotionless soldier. Now don't get me wrong, that is not a bad thing. I was very shocked at how well he fit into this role. He really became this surviver character, he also gained about 25lbs of muscle which I must say was....yummy! He was a beefy man in this film and you do not expect it! But he shines as this character and you really enjoy seeing him kick some Predator butt!

We also get a mini odd role from Lauerence Fishburne. I must say his part is very small and I wasn't sure why he was there. I did think it was funny that when he showed up on screen someone yelled....Morpheus~! We also get an interesting character from Topher Grace who is clearly not cut out for jungle living. Of corse we need to one and only female character to balance out all the negative men. Over all it was still a good movie

Action: Yep!
Adventure: Some
ThrillS: By the ton!

Over all I'd give it a B+

No comments:

Post a Comment