Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Last Airbender

That's right I went and saw the film that has been getting poor reviews. To be very honest I'm not sure why it is getting such terrible reviews! I mean of course it's not the best film ever....it's based on a cartoon for children. There are also all these terrible rumors going around saying that M. Night Shamalan is no longer a bankable director.....what rubbish! That's right I used the word rubbish in a sentence! I stand by him as a director 100%. Ok so none of us really cared for The Happening but he still did a great job directing. AS much as people disliked Lady In The Water I really enjoyed it. It was not suppose to be an epic scary movie, it was made for children. It's a modern day fairytale....tall tale....STORY! So basically what I am saying is that people need to lay off him because he is one of the best directors of our time. Chill out crazy haters!
MOVING ON!
So my review of this film is a fairly good one. I loved the cartoon and was excited to see what would be done with it. Now the acting is not the best but it's also not terrible either.....I would call it inexperienced....which is not a bad thing. All these actors are very young and new and I thought they did a great job. The film is suppose to be for kids and kids enjoyed the movie. I heard all the kids laughing and cheering in our theater. That is what this movie is suppose to be about, togetherness and acceptance.

The film has amazing...simply amazing special effects! The way that each bender is able to move their element is just stunning. We also get to see the amazing flying creature call Appa in all his glory. He looks so real and that is hard to do. The effects of fire and air were amazing and so thrilling.

So be prepared because this film is only suppose to be Book One so don't expect an end. I must say with all the negative press around this film I'm terrified that we will not get the rest of the films in the series. I really wish they would just give this film a chance and let it be what it is suppose to be, fun and entertaining for the whole family!

Action:YES!
Adventure: Of course!

I give it an A-B+

No comments:

Post a Comment