Monday, June 14, 2010

The Karate Kid

Well there was no Daniel-son which of course made me sad but this new version of Karate Kid had me very surprised. I did not think this movie was going to be any good and I was mistaken. It does not hold a candle to the original but if you separate it from the original it's not half bad. The film takes a new spin on a Hollywood classic.

Jaden Smith is the reflection of his father in this film. He proves himself to be a good little actor with a great career in front of him. He will be around for a long time if he continues to stay on the right path....aka stay a good kid and away from bad influences!

Jackie Chan actually has a very meaningful character and a fantastic emotional scene that had me moved and in pain. He can really be a serious actor and he shines in this film. I'm even shocked I'm praising Chan because I think of Rush Hour when I see him. He steps away from his normal funny films and becomes a real person.

While the film has amazing fight scenes and inspiring moments it did move just a bit slow. Now I'm not talking boring slow I'm just saying I was ready for the story to flow a bit faster. Once the story got moving the film really takes off. I'd say give the film a chance but remember nothing can replace the Karate Kid but this tries to be a little bit different.....no wax on wax off. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment