Thursday, June 10, 2010

Donnie Darko

That's right you know you gotta throw a little old in with the new! So because of Prince of Persia I went on a little Jake Gyllenhaal marathon! I think I have seen almost all of his films and I love it. He is quickly becoming a new favorite of mine!

So I realised I have never seen the Cult Classic Donnie Darko. I have always heard about it and heard some amazing lines from the film. I have seen the box in the video store but never checked it out...well now I have. I must say I was missing out on alot!

This film is about a boy being confused in a typical upper middle class suburb nightmare town. We all have been to those towns, heck I think sometimes I live in one! Anyways Donnie is basically this troubled kid that doesn't fit in and he keeps sleep walking. He sleep walks around town and keeps seeing this creepy guy in a bunny outfit. The film basically challenges the thoughts of what we as a society think. Hmmm that's confusing...basically it questions time travel. There are moments where Donnie feels like he knows more about the world around him.

Wow that's a little deep for 2am. So I don't wanna give too much aways but I will say Jake is amazing. He plays this lovable troubled boy that you just want to help and be with. It is not afraid to question what we think it right. It is not afraid to show the ugly side of people. The film has a great cast like Drew Berrymore, Noah Wyle, and Patrick Swayze. This is definitely a film that will mess with your mind and make you question things. It's a bit of a mind trip but a very fun trip at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment