Thursday, June 10, 2010

IronMan 2

I must say sorry for not updating sooner! It has been a crazy month! I just finished my masters degree!!! YAY! Now I'm busy busy in the "real world" Sleep has been winning over typing, What a terrible blogger I turned out to be! Well I must try to redeem myself!

So here we go, I'm sure at this point everyone and their brother has seen Ironman 2 but I still want to talk about it.....why you ask....ROBERT DOWNEY JR! That's right ever since I knew about film as a profession I have loved and admired his work! He is in my top five favorite actors of all time and he probably always will be. That being said...you must know that Downey is the same as Burton for me, there is little they do wrong. They tend to always make me happy and thrill me with their talent....anyways...moving on!

I actually was surprised at how much I enjoyed this film. I think that I might have liked it better than the first one! GASP! Seriously it's because we as an audience were just thrown into the story. There was no build up to the character, no waiting for the back story to finish. The film starts with action and ends with action. Jon (the director) did a great job with using special effects and camera angles to create an amazing action film. The music has your heart pumping with each moment Ironman is on screen.

Downey as Stark is PERFECT! I can not imagine anyone playing that role. Downey was always meant to be this character. He is the only actor, that I can think of, that is both charming and a jerk. Trust me, I mean that in the best possible way! Downey give Stark layers of emotion and personality.

Wow this sounds soo fantastic the film must be perfect....WRONG! Now don't worry I'm not gonna get all comic book geek on you and talk about the flaws. I will say that I was a little sick of one character.....Scarlett's character. Scarlett herself was fantastic and sexy, she was great. I really enjoy her as an actress and I love her talent. I did not like the ZILLION of slow motion close ups on her face and "other" parts. I get that she is hot, I get that there are a million boys just drooling away but it was a bit much. One or two slow motions shots for effect, I understand I get that but literally like 20 is too many. I think our dear director and editors may have a little crush on the beauty but it was over played. By the end of the film I was rolling my eyes because every time she came on set is was....slow motion of her hair falling and looking intensely into the camera....WE GET IT!!

Over all I did LOVE the movie, like I said, soft spot for Downey!

Action: HECK YES!
Adventure: Sure
Romance: A bit!

Over all A-

No comments:

Post a Comment