Friday, February 8, 2019

Frozen

100 Movies in 100 Days
Movie 2 Day 2
Frozen
In Loving Memory of Sami

Today was a difficult day, we had to say goodbye to a wonderful little girl, our Super Sami. Sami was a 5 year old girl from my church. She had been battling illness since she was born but that never slowed her down. She had a smile that would light up a room. She had a giggle that would melt a frozen heart. Sami did not say much but she could tell a whole story with a simple look. She touched so many lives in 5 short years. She brought people together and taught us to love every day because tomorrow is a gift some may never receive. I will miss this wonderful, bright shining light. I will think of Sami often and I am so grateful I had an opportunity to see her magic first-hand.


In Sami's honor, I decided to diverge from the 100 movies on my poster and watch Frozen. Frozen was Sami's favorite movie. So here I sit with a box of tissues next to me. I plan on sobbing the entire film as I remember beautiful, brave Sami.


Thoughts While Watching.....

As soon as the movie started, I began to cry! At Sami's memorial service, they played an instrumental version of Do You Wanna Build A Snowman but the melody of the song was a recording of Sami's heartbeat. Watching that scene in the movie made me break down. It made me think of Sami's amazing big brother, Lukas. He loved his sister so much and she loved and adored him too. Her whole face would light up as soon as she saw him. This movie does a wonderful job celebrating the love between siblings. 

Let get into the movie a little further.
You can't marry him, you just met him.....THANK YOU ANNA! I love that Kristoff also says marrying someone you just met is insane. Finally, a Disney movie where you can't just run away with someone you barely know! I thought it was progress to see a Disney movie where these female characters are not pressured into marrying someone by the end.  The characters actually say that you need to know a person before you can marry them. It also proves that "true love" is more than just looks and a nice smile. It's about connecting with people and having that little something special. 

Let It Go Girl! An empowering ballad for anyone feeling confused about who they are. It encourages you to be who you are truly meant to be, even if the world doesn't understand you. Elsa finally has an opportunity to love and accept herself for who she is. This Oscar winning song is not only for children but for adults too. As an adult, I'm still trying to figure out who I'm supposed to be. Growing up and even today I have been told I'm too loud or too outgoing. Let It Go celebrates being an individual and not giving a crap what anyone thinks. 

Elsa was willing to be completely alone to keep everyone safe. She was afraid of hurting her sister and holding her back. She would rather be alone and free rather than lock herself up again. 

Thank Goodness for Olaf! Olaf is voiced by the hilarious Josh Gad and he brings so much comedic relief to the movie. Everything he says is pure gold. It was the perfect break in the middle of dealing with some pretty heavy stuff. 

After Thoughts
Was Elsa an secret X-Men Mutant? I once saw a meme where Elsa is sent away to Xavier's School From Gifted Youngsters and her boyfriend is Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians. That would be a movie I want to see! She was born with her powers, she was not cursed. 

Elsa and Anna's parents did the best they could. I really think their father loved both children and tried so hard to support Elsa. He didn't know how to help Elsa with her ice powers. He thought that suppressing her powers would help keep her and the people around her safe. Their parents were not ashamed of who Elsa was, they just wanted to keep her safe. It was love even if it was slightly misguided. 

It's all about love. At the end of the day, the love we have for one another is what means the most. Also don't let anyone mess with your sister or you will turn them to ice!

Times I Cried: 3
When I Cried:
*Do you wanna build a snow man
*Let It Go
*Some People Are worth Melting for

For You Super Sami


1 comment: