Saturday, March 31, 2012

Wrath Of The Titans

I have to say that I have been so excited to see Wrath of the Titans! I have a big....ok huge crush on Sam Worthington. I think he is a stellar actor and the accent doesn't hurt! I know I tend to have a crush on every leading man....well I'm a great judge of men by acting talent ;)

Moving on....again I had to see this movie in 3D which was a total waste of money! Do not bother spending your money on 3d if you do not have to. It honestly did not bring anything extra to the film. I only noticed the 3D twice because rubble came flying at my face.

So to the movie I love Sam as Perseus, he brings this inner conflict between being half man half God. In this film he has accepted he is the son of Zeus, played by the fabulous Liam Neeson. He has a son and he is in contact with Zeus from time to time. IO is not in the movie but you really wont miss her. We also have Ralph Fiennes returning as the clever yet confusing Hades. The only casting that really bummed me out is there is a different Andromeda, played by Rosamund Pike. She is a talented actress but I hate when casting is changed from one film to the other.

This film is a story all it's own. It does not follow the old Greek tales of Perseus but takes a new spin on the story. It follows the end of the Gods and what happens to the world around them. The special effects are very impressive, it is hard ot tell what is real and what is not. Well except for the cyclops, you can tell they are CGI.

This film does not have as deep of a story as the first film did. This is more about the action and searching for a common goal. It was too short, I could have sat through another 25 minutes easily. I also would have loved to see more Gods in the film. I mean where was Athena or Hera all of the powerful Gods were gone. I guess the story was suppose to be more about humans and their will to live.

Over all the film was pretty good, I wouldn't say I liked it as much as the first one. This one stands alone as it's own film. It was very entertaining and Sam Worthington shows that he is a force to be reckoned with.

I say see it if you like the first one but do not waste your money on 3D.

Action: Yep
Adventure: yes

Over All: B

No comments:

Post a Comment