Monday, March 12, 2012

THe Hunger Games Mall Tour!!

Gas Money.....$40.00
Road Trip Snacks.......$8.00
Standing in a crowd......3 hours
Standing 3 feet away from Josh Hutcherson, Isabelle Fuhrman, and Jacqueline Emerson....PRICELESS!!!

Yes I did it! I joined the thousands of Teeny-bopper girls and went to the Live Q&A with the cast of The Hunger Games in Chicago. The event was set up by Lionsgate and what they did was start off in LA with the 3 Lead stars of the film, Jennifer Lawerence, Liam Hensworth, and Josh Hutcherson. Once the tour started they spilt the 3 leads to one city each and then added a few smaller role actors on the tour. At my tour we saw the characters Peeta, Clove, and Foxface.

The day started with driving from Michigan to Chicago/Aurora IL. A fun trip that went by so fast because I had amazing company. We got to the mall about 3 hours early and got really lucky and found a spot next to the sound area with a clear view to the stage and 3 chairs. There were some people that had been there since 8am we got there around 2:30ish. Then we played the waiting game, standing, sitting, standing, jumping. I will give it to Westfield Fox Valley Mall, they did provide entertainment. We had a mall wide Sing a long to Journey and Adele. Nothing says a great time like hundreds of people belting out Someone Like You.

Finally when the time came to see the actors, the fans broke out into pushers and screamers. Thankfully I was right next to their entrance and the stage. I was able to slide in and stand with no one in front of me. The security was insane, tons of big burly guys trying to maintain order with thousands of screaming girls. Finally I saw the cast standing next to me. Not even 3 feet away! I stayed as cool as a cucumber and didn't scream or yell.

Once they took the stage it was a haze of screams, laughs, and microphone interference. Josh Hutcherson answers questions about why he took the role and what it has done to his life. His answers proved that he is still a small town sweet guy that has not let fame get to his head. All 3 actors looked stunning and comfortable at the same time. I can not imagine going from city to city to city in just a weeks time. They were amazing and had tons of energy. They really brought that passion to the crowds and managed to make us all feel special and apart of this film historical moment. I will always be able to say that I was at the live Q&A for The Hunger Games. It was honestly a great moment! Let's hope that by the time Mockingjay comes out I will be able to be in LA doing the Interviews instead of being in the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment