Saturday, April 16, 2011

Scream 4

Yes I went and saw Scream 4 but you must remember I am 24. I was raised in the middle of the Scream movies. I remember hiding in the living room because my sister was watching the Scream movies and I was too scared to watch. I remember going to see the other in the theaters and falling in love with the series.....well all but the 3rd one. Don't get me wrong Scream 3 has it's amazing twists and turns. The ending was AMAZING a killer no one expected to see but there was not enough Sidney. So I was excited when I heard they were making a 4th movie and it has been rumored for 10 years! The moment of truth came tonight when i went with some friends to see the movie. I was filled with doubts and worried that we would not get our quality Sidney, Gale, or Duey time! I must say.....it....was.....BRILLIANT! I loved it because it wasn't trying to be a new part of the movie it was renewing itself. It had twists and turns all over and we didn't know who to expect. Who was gonna die next and all the people you suspect end up dead! Now I can not go into too much detail because the shock value it PRICELESS! I will say that it took too long to get started, I kept waiting for the 'real' movie to begin. When it did get going it was awesome and you really will love it. So the basic idea is that it is 10 years later and Sidney returns home for a book signing. When she arrives all hell breaks out! People close to Sid end up dying all around her. We can not figure out who the killer is because they are smart. With this one the rules of the horror movie have changed. People are bored with the classic format but a little hint is....never mess with a classic ;) One thing that did drive me a little nuts was there were way too many characters to follow. I couldn't remember who was who or if they were important or not. I guess they were just trying to get as many guest stars in as they could. I must say I was sad we didn't get any Randy/Cotton cameos. I know they are both dead but hey a girl can dream! I must say I hope you are as lucky as I was with the group of people watching the movie. Our theater was full of people yelling along and screaming....myself included! If you are a fan of the first 3 you will love this one! I say check it out and ENJOY! Over all.....yeah it gets an A

No comments:

Post a Comment