Friday, April 29, 2011

Fast Five

What could be better than speed and Vin Diesel? Maybe a little Paul Walker and 100 million dollars! That is the tag for me and Fast Five. This would be the 5th Fast movie that we have seen and to be perfectly honest I would say it might be my FAVORITE! I know these are shocking words but these are shocking times. The whole point of the movie is our fast group is on the run from the law and they are running a little low on some cash. So they take a job and all hell breaks out! Our gang calls for help from our other Fast time crew members of the past. We see Tyrese and Luda from 2 Fast 2 Furious, we get Gisele, Leo and Santos from Fast and Furious, we get our favorite Han from Tokyo Drift, and finally we figure out what happens to Mia and Vince from The Fast and Furious. If you kept up with all that name dropping I am very impressed.

We can not have a Fast Five without some new blood and that is where The Rock or Dwayne Johnson as he is credited. He plays a cop on the man hunt for our sexy convicts. He brings with him his new feds and a new lady...wink wink. Together with the cops and the new drug cartel in Rio our gang is on a run for their money....literally!

So these are the reasons why I love this movie Dom is awesome! Ok that can not be my only reason but it is a really big one. I like this one because he has moved on from the events of the last movie (hint hint a certain person) He meets up with Brian and Mia and the three go on their little adventure. This movie brings back the things we love like fast cars and races but comes up with new ideas. It's a movie that isn't exactly like the ones before it. It reinvents itself to become its own film.

If you have not seen the other movies you might be a little lost. There are a lot of jokes from other movies and characters that you might not understand. You don't have to have seen the others but you might be a bit lost.....so I say watch them.

Over all I give this baby an A!

Oh yeah make sure that you hang out for a minute after the credits start to roll. They added a little twist that made me so mad but I will let you judge for yourself! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment