Monday, September 27, 2010

Easy A

So one random day my friend and I decide to go see Easy A and I must say it was great. Yes it was one of those chick flick teen dramas about the hardships of growing up and how tough it is to be a teen...yadda yadda yadda. News flash being a teen is so much better than being a grown up! I'd go back to high school in a second! hehe Anyways moving on...

So this film was about a girl and how a rumor got started that she lost her V-card (aka her virginity...come on get with the program guys!) The rumors were flash butt she decides whatever I'll take them at least people notice me....hey dear, not something you want to be known for! Well then a friend asks her to pretend to have sex with him just so he can be popular. Of course this involves a freaking funny mock sex act in a room at a party. I laughed so hard during this part!!

After that she gets the rep for being Easy and since this is high school she is reading the Scarlett Letter which is the hardest book EVER to read in high school! Man did I hate that book! So to get back she sews a red A on all of her recently purchased slutty shirts....well they are corsets but I would NEVER EVER have been able to wear that to my school! I would have gotten sent home after two seconds! I guess since its a movie we allow this false stuff to go on.

So what did I think of this movie.....I did like it. I know I mock it but I did enjoy it! It was funny and it actually gave props to the classic movies of the 80's. Olive says that she wishes she could have John Cusack standing outside her house holding a stereo with "In Your Eyes" playing loudly.....sigh. Yeah I'd take that too! They just don't make them like they used to be!!!

The movie does poke fun at the crazy religious groups...more the extreme. Olive actually makes a point to seek out faith herself and I thought she had the right idea. So I say if you are a chick check this out. Even guys might enjoy the random funny moments but it is a chick flick! Make no mistake about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment