Monday, September 27, 2010

Alpha and Omega

So as you know I see almost all of the kids movies out there. I mean how can you say no when you have a little guys who asks so nicely! Yeah yeah I'm a sucker...I KNOW! So once again we decided to see this movie in 3D and as always I hated it. I just can not become a fun of the 3-D. I mean what is in focus fine but everything else is all dark and fuzzy and then all the other stuff is just blah. I have yet to see a movie that I liked in 3-D. So I didn't feel like this movie needed to be in 3-D. It didn't add anything to the movie.

I must say this film a a difficult task trying to make this story PG for the kiddos! The whole point of the story is that the Alpha Female Kate is not allowed to "howl" with the Omega Wolf Humphrey. We all know what they are secretly implying and my little guy didn't catch on so we will go with it. I did like how they did howl at the moon, if they were a good match the howl would be like a song or a harmony between the two wolves. That was really pretty and sounded amazing.

So the Alpha female and Omega male is taken to a different park to try and make more little wolves. Along the way they meet a goose and a duck that just so happen to know where their home is. So the adventure is on. I have to say the actual adventure was only about 15 mins of the movie but it works. Of course Kate has to get back because there is going to be a fight over territory of the wolves. So by joining Kate and Garth the other pack Alpha they can be happy and one HUGE pack. But poor little Humphrey wants Kate to himself!

The best part about this movie was figuring out the voices! We have Justin Long as Humphrey who is super funny and SUPER sweet! Then there is Hayden Panettiere as Kate and she fits because she is cute but sassy. We also have Dennis Hoppers film piece as the leader of the other pack. The movie is in fact dedicated to him. Very sweet but also very sad to hear his voice.

Over all it was a good movie, not the best but it was ok. I wouldn't buy it but it was a fun night for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment