Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Alice In Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland is a Tim Burton film....thus making it amazing even before I saw. All you should know that I have a deep passion for Tim Burton films! I think he is amazing, stunning, visually yummy! He uses colors and shapes to tell stories. He also just happens to work with some of the most AMAZING people in film making. Anyway...enough of me crushing on Tim Burton!
Lets get right down to business....how is Alice in Wonderland....fantastic! The film takes the classic story that we know and love and evolves it into something new. We already know that Alice paints the roses red but what would she do if she got a second chance at Wonderland? This films takes us to an older Alice who has to deal with real life issues. Annoying things like family and marriage.
Once Alice falls down the rabbit hole we get a chance to see into the dark world that Wonderland really is. We see why the Hatter is so mad and even fairly creepy. We see a very stoned out Caterpillar trying to help Alice along.
The film is fun and exciting. I took my 5 yr old nephew to see it and he loved it. It kept his attention and he loved the cat.
I did not see the film in 3-D and I thought it was still fantastic. Personally as fun as 3D is, in the end i know I'll be watching it at home....with no 3D. SOOOO it's a fun gimmick but not a major selling point for me personally.
Over all the film is charming and intense....the ending is a bit corny but it is still a good film. Tim Burton shows the amazing woman that Alice turns out to be. A very fun and crazy cast....tons of fun!

Action: In a magical way YES
Adventure: Of course
Thrills: No

Over all I give it an A....but it's honestly not fair because I love anything that Tim Burton creates. So he always get an A in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment