Friday, October 28, 2011

Paranormal Activity 3

Ok so this movie is a mix bag for me. I really enjoyed the movie because it scared the crap out of me. I was literally clinging to my aunt's arm watching this movie. My only beef with this movie is that all of the good stuff in the trailer did not appear in the movie. Now I understand not wanting to give too much away but you are actually hurting the movie by deceiving the audience. I was expecting more scary moments in the house and more ghost-like occurrings with the girls but it was all taken out. I am pretty sure that they did that because they wanted the ending to be more climatic or to make the movie shorter but there are some MAJOR points taken out.

We know for a fact that from the other movie, the girls house sets on fire. We know that they lose everything and that the monster attacks in the house. None of this happens in the movie! In the trailer we see the house starting on fire but that never happens! It doesn't make sense because the movie ends with a huge gap in the story. I don't know if they are thinking of doing one more and that is why it ended that way, but it didn't make any sense.

Other than that HUGE issue I have with the movie, it was very scary. The movie is very short at a whopping 1 hr and 20 mins but it's long enough. It's the same style with the hand held cameras so it ends in good time.

The movie does what they do best, start to scare you with the little things occurring in the house. A few jumps and screams in the middle and then a few things you can not rationalize in your mind. The ending is so creepy that people were yelling and freaking out, myself included! I can't say much more than this because it will ruin the good parts for you. Just watch this movie and keep your eyes WIDE OPEN!

Over all:B-

No comments:

Post a Comment