Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Rite

I know, I know, I know.....it's been a few months since I've been on here. I am super sorry but it has been a crazy few months. Christmas totally kicked my butt and then between work and family, it's been nuts! Don't worry I have been watching movies more than ever!! So let's just jump in and ENJOY THE FUN!

Speaking of fun....nothing says fun like a little religious fiction drama with Anthony Hopkins! I really wanted to see this movie because Hopkins is a brilliant actor. It was pretty predictable and there were not a ton of scary moments. It showed the doubt can be the best tool that the Devil can use against a man.

Michael is a young man who is going to school to be a priest. At the last minute he decides that he doesn't want to be a priest because he feels like he doesn't have any faith left. So as a final wish to one of his teachers, he travels to Rome to learn about exorcism. He is given special attention because he clearly doubts that demons are real. He is sent to Father Lucas (Hopkins) for a little spiritual crash course.

Father Lucas shows Michael the basic steps to exorcism on practices on a young girl. Still filled with doubt, things start happening to Michael and Lucas. Michael is haunted by the ghosts of his past and must decide if the evil is real or if it is in his head. Lucas finds himself in a battle for his life and soul with a very angry Demon.

As you know, I don't spoil movies but this one was ok. It was not very scary but it made you think about the impact of evil. The special effects were well done and the music added a sinister undertone. If you like a good religiously creepy film, you will like this.

Scary: Not Really
Bloody: Yeah a little....

I give it a B+ not the best but not the worst. check it out if you like a little Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment