Friday, February 11, 2011

The Eagle

My aunt and I have been waiting for The Eagle to come out for months! We love Channing Tatum and Jamie Bell is a fantastic actor! I must say I did not know what to expect with this film. I did not know if it would take a Gladiator approach or a 13th Warrior direction. I have to say it made up it's own style.

The film is about Marcus, Channing Tatum, he is a Roman soldier trying to win back his father's honor. His father was the learner of 5000 men and he was carrying a gold Eagle as their symbol. The Eagle and the men were lost and never seen again. When Marcus comes of age he enters into the Roman army. He becomes learner of a small group of soldiers and proves himself worthy. In the first 30 mins he gets a life altering injury and is forced to take time to heal. I don't want to ruin part of the movie....so I'll just say he "meets" Esca, Jamie Bell, and he becomes Marcus' slave.

In the film we see that the Romans have no respect for Marcus or his family because his father was the man who lost the Eagle of the 9th. A rumor started that the Eagle had been spotted and to gain back the honor Esca and Marcus go to the unconquered part of Britain. From there the story takes off. It is about the epic journey that two men must take.

The film is filled with tons of battle sequences and great scenery. The film is PG-13 so there is a limited amount of blood and guts, but it is still good. It is definitely a guys manly movie. There are no women in it and it is about the Bromance between friends.

Over all I like it, it had a few slow parts but the story was still really good.

A-

No comments:

Post a Comment