Monday, January 2, 2012

Adventures of Tin Tin

I must be honest, I went into this movie with very little expectations. I figured typical Stephen Spielberg movie with family, adventure, and always a cheesy happy ending for the main characters. I was correct in my logic, not to say that it was a bad film by any means.

The CGI/special effects in The Adventures Of Tin Tin were by far stunning. They looked so real that you forgot you were watching an animated film. Almost every image looked so human and real, it was almost creepy how real it looked.

The basic plot of the movie is Tin Tin is a young reporter who goes on adventures with his little white dog named Snowy. This adventure is about Tin Tin finding a model pirate ship and learning that there is a treasure clue in the ship. Then the big bad Sakharine tries to steal the ship to find the treasure. We learn that a family of sailors named Haddock are the only ones who know the true story of the lost treasure. Sadly our Haddock is a drunk and he can't remember anything.

This adventure takes Tin Tin, Snowy and Haddock on a wild goose chase around the world trying to stay ahead of Sakharine. It's basically National Treasure meets Indiana Jones.

The movie itself was....okay. I found the story cute and the CGI stunning but the movie was very long. My nephew did a better job sitting there than I did. The story took too long to get going but it was interesting. I would say this movie is not for really little kids. Haddock is a drunk....a big drunk. Seeing him drinking as much as he does is a little shocking for a kids film.

Over all I would not say this is something you have to go out and see. Maybe rent it from Redbox when it comes out but I was not super impressed.

Over all - C

No comments:

Post a Comment