Monday, January 23, 2012

Underworld: Awakening

I love the Underworld series, I love that the vampires and werewolves are mean and deadly. They are the superior species and they know it. The film has all the great action and adventure as the last films. I must say this one really stepped it up on action.

The film starts with the humans learning all about werewolves and vampires. They do not explain how the humans got this knowledge. Personally I figured that since Alexander Corvinus was not there to clean up the vampire mess they were discovered. That is my total assumption because it never actually tells us how.

Selene starts the movie kicking butt and trying to escape The Purge. The humans are trying to get rid of all the vampires and werewolves. I don't want to spoil anything so we will just say some time passes and the world changes. Selene enters into a new world that she knows nothing about and finds that werewolves and vampires are still in hiding. Now there are new creations bigger werewolves...more powerful vampires and insane hybrids.

The whole movie is basically action action action. Not that it is a bad thing but there is hardly any story at all. It seemed like the movie was rushed to get finished. It was also very short running at only an hour and a half. I could have sat through at least another 45 minutes.

The 3D was cool but not important. There were only 2 shots were the 3D came in handy. I say see it in 2D and save yourself the 5 bucks.

The movie left me wanting more story and more characters. I felt like most of the characters were thrown in but never really got a chance to develop. The movie was all about how sexy Beckinsale can look while she shoots a gun and kicks some butt. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome action! I really wanted more story...and more Michael ;)

All I have to say is that there better be another one or I'm gonna be very upset!

Action: Tons
Adventure: Yep
Drama: Not really

Over all B+/A-

No comments:

Post a Comment