Sunday, November 13, 2011

Puss in Boots

Ok once again there can be no judgement on my love for kids movies! I always say that I go and see them for the sake of my adorable nephew but really I'm the one that talks him into going and seeing these films. I have always been a fan of the character Puss in Boots! I love that he is a Latin lover and he is adorable. Yes, I am that person who awwwwws when he does the cute kitty face. I think he is the cutest character ever, by far one of the most memorable.

So let's get right into the film, you do not have to have seen the other Shrek movies to understand this film. Puss in Boots is still voiced by the awesome Antonio Banderas. It totally stands alone and never even mentions his other adventures. I'm not sure when this films is suppose to take place, before or after the other films. It honestly does not matter because it is a whole new story with whole new characters.

The story starts with our adorable and dashing Puss being the ladies man of the cat world. He finds out about magic beans that will send him up to a castle in the clouds and the goose that can lay the golden eggs. When he goes to get these beans he finds another cat burglar (pun intended) there trying to get the beans. Puss and the cat get into an epic Latin dance off and we find that the cat is a girl cat named Kitty Softpaws, voiced by Selma Hayek. She is working for Humpty Dumpty, voiced by Zach Galifianakis, who is also looking for magic beans. We find out that Puss and Humpty have known each other for years and had a bad falling out. So the story is does Puss trust the egg that once let him down or trust him again?

The story is filled with many great twists and turns and tons to humor for kids and adults. I was laughing as much as my 7 year old nephew but for very different reasons. The movie was good but it was not my favorite out of the series. It was not bad by any means but I freaking loved Shrek 2. I know it's not fair to compare but I do!

Humor: Yep
Action: Yes
Entertaining: Very

Over all B-

No comments:

Post a Comment