Sunday, May 22, 2011

Thor

I love everything Marvel produces. I am so excited for the Avengers and I love Ironman with a passion! I knew this movie was gonna be good because my dad called me to tell me how awesome it was. My dad was a HUGE comic book collector so he knows all these stories cover to cover. He told me ahead of time that it is loyal to the comic and it was awesome.

I did see it in 3D and it really didn't add much to it. The special effects were cool in 3D but the movie would have been just as awesome on a regular screen. The director is Kenneth Branagh, now he normally directs Shakespeare films. He has done Hamlet and Much Ado About Nothing, great amazing movies but I've never seen him do something of this scale. I was very impressed with his directing....bravo Bravo!

The film starts off on another planet and there was a battle between the Ice Monster things and Thor's father Odin (played by Anthony Freaking Hopkins!) He was fantastic as he ALWAYS is! Thor grows up with his brother Loki and they always compete. They try to figure out who will one day be King once Odin dies. Thor grows up to be selfish and foolish. He does things he should not and disobeys his father. As a punishment he is sent to Earth without his Hammer (the hammer is where Thor gets his some of his power from. No hammer is a bad thing!) Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) and her team find Thor and try to figure out where he came from.

Now I don't wanna spoil too much for you so I'll just say things get crazy on Thor's home planet and as a result things get crazy on Earth. Lots of awesome action and we get to see more avenger characters like Agent Coulson from Shield and we get our first look at Hawkeye!!!

The movie has a ton of action and it ties in well with the other stories. They bring up Tony Stark and ask how he is doing and after the credit we see Nick Fury setting us up for Captain America! The film has some great battles and Thor is pretty awesome. I found myself really loving the character of Loki. He was different for that story but he worked so well! The movie is left in a cliff hanger but don't worry next summer The Avengers will come out and we will get to see Ironman, Thor, The Hulk, Captain America, War Machine, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Loki, and Nick Fury all in one fantastic epic movie

Action: TONS!
Adventure: CLEARLY
Romance: It pops in there

Overall I give it an A-

No comments:

Post a Comment