Friday, May 27, 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Captain Jack Sparrow is now a character right up there with the classics. He is a new icon for our generation and he made it cool to be a pirate again! I adventured off to see this movie with the hopes that it would wow me. We should all be aware that I was less than happy with the final two instalments. They were long, over dramatic, and too over the top. To put it honestly I was happy that Will and Elizabeth were no where to be found. By the 3rd movie I was so sick of them and all their back and forth I love you, I hate...blah blah blah! I was very excited to see if we needed them or if our beloved Jack could keep our attention.

Ladies and gentlemen, I might have a new favorite Pirates movie! Seriously it stuck with one maybe two stories. It was not a confusing all around story and there were no cheesy declarations of love. It was about a simple goal and how to get there. I felt like the last two were all about these complex stories and themes that got so darn confusing. This one was pretty simple and fun to watch. It proved that Jack can carry an entire movie by himself. It was BEAUTIFUL to watch, let's face it, it's Johnny Depp we love him for a reason!

So the basic story is Jack is on a journey to find the fountain of youth. Barbossa had the Black Pearl but another pirate named Blackbeard over took the ship. Barboossa joined the king's navy in hopes of finding Blackbeard. Jack meets up with Gibbs and a formed fling Angelica. All the characters are aiming for the same thing, the fountain of youth. Along the way there is adventure and fighting between the king's men and Jack and don't forget to look out for those crazy mermaids!

I have to say I loved this movie and it is so much fun to watch. I think it's ok for the kids, it is a little long so they might get sick of sitting. Still a very good movie with tons of funny moments! I really hope they make another one. The rumor is they hope this is the beginning of a new trilogy! If they make the next two like this, it will put the first 3 to shame!

PS. I did not see this movie in 3D and I have to say I'm happy. I think that 3D would have made you miss out on so much great stuff going on in the background! I like the 2D version! Oh also stick around after the credits for a little clip! :)

Action: YES
Adventure: Tons
Johnny Depp: HECK YEAH!

Over all I give it an A

No comments:

Post a Comment