Sunday, May 22, 2011

Priest

I freaking loved Priest! I loved it so much that I saw it twice in 3D! It had some of the best 3D I have seen since Avatar and that is saying something. You all know how much I am not a fan of 3D but this film made it fit. It worked and used it to make the film better. It made the scary moments more intense and really made you enjoy every action packed moment.

The movie takes place in the future. We find out that the Earth has been a battle ground for the fight between humans and Vampires. Now these vamps are not your sparkly twilight cry all the time vamps. These are monsters that live to feed off of humans. They have no mercy and do not care what they kill.....it's so freaking awesome! To quote Mr. Paul Bettany, "This is a movie where the vampires are scary again, I'm happy to see a movie where Vampires get their balls back." I busted out laughing when I heard him say that on Jimmy Fallon's show!

So the church created these Priest and taught them special skills on how to kill vamps. These Priest save humanity from destruction and the vamps are sent off to camps. After the wars the Priest are feared and are forced into meaningless labor as the church forgets about them.

Paul Bettany plays Priest (yeah that's his name) and his niece is kidnapped during a vampire attack. He decides to go after her with the help of Hicks (Cam Gigandet) and a Priestess (Maggie Q). They go into the heart of the vampire world and find a truth that they never expected.

Maggie Q was AMAZING in the movie. She is graceful but she can rip the head off of a vampire without even blinking. She is an amazing character that I really loved to watch. I have always had a soft spot for Paul Bettany ever since A Knight's Tale! He is great in this action packed movie. I really like him in these action roles, I loved him in Legion! Cam is a good character basically the young hot thing that tries to save the day. Not to shabby!

Over all I loved this movie! It had tons of action and butt kicking! The special effects and stunts were flawless! Who wants to see Pirates and Bridesmaids when you can see major butt kicking!?!?!?

Action: HECK YES!
Adventure: CLEARLY!
Over All: A!

No comments:

Post a Comment