Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Step Up Revolution

This is going to be quick and to the point. I went and saw Step Up Revolution with kinda high hopes. I thought this would be a great new look at a fun and entertaining series. I was wrong. Don't get me wrong, the dancing is sensational. The way these dancers move and flow is just stunning and mesmerizing. Here is the thing....they are dancers not actors. Oh my goodness this was some of the worst acting I have seen in a long time. I mean COME ON! Did you get these actors off of Craig's list? I'm sorry I know that's not fair.

I should have gone into the movie just to watch the dancing but the script and acting were just so bad. The lines were predictable and you saw the entire story coming from a mile away. I guess I like the hippie idea that you solve your problems with dancing and not fighting. I guess I was just so disappointed in the horrible acting and scripts.

If you are a fan of So You Think You Can Dance then you will love this movie. Half of the 'actors' are former dancers from that show. Like I said the dancing is something to be respected. The choreography is so original and cutting edge. The idea of the flash mob and all these artists coming together is fantastic. I guess the right way to say it is the movie's heart is in the right place but the bad acting over shadows all of that.

Go into this movie with a grain of salt. Go see this movie for the dancing and creative art but do not go expecting some epic story and stellar acting.

Over All: C

No comments:

Post a Comment