Friday, August 27, 2010

The Last Exorcism

Ok so I normally love movies, it's very rare that I find a movie I just don't like....well that day has come~ This was by far the most overrated movie I have seen this year~ It was soooooooo PREDICTABLE and not scary.

Spoilers ahead
This film is suppose to be about a preacher doing his final exorcism when in reality it's just about some faithless man trying to prove that it's all fake. So it starts off really REALLY slow and trying to be artistic instead I got motion sickness from the "documentary" camera. The whole story was just washed up and overrated! It was like a really bad mix between Paranormal Activity and Blair Witch but it couldn't pull it off! Just as the film was starting to get good it ENDED! No joke, I felt sooo ripped off!

The only saving grace of this film was the acting by the girl playing Nell. She was very good at being creepy. All the other performances were soso....typical for this type of movie. I think i was more offended by the way the preacher handled things. It really makes people seem like mindless puppets and the preacher can manipulate anyone. With that kind of story I was at least expecting some resolution or cause or thrill but was left disappointed.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! Go rent the Original Exorcist and you will have seen a much better movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment