Monday, February 6, 2012

One For The Money

One For The Money had everything from humor to action to mystery. I wouldn't say that the film grabs you right away. It starts off a bit slow and yo just have to hang in there a little while and it gets pretty good. You must keep in mind that I have not read these books. I started the first one but was never able to finish it and now I am reading the Hunger Games. Sorry I normally like to read the booksfirst and compare but I guess that is not going to happen this time. Oh well no big deal.

The movie is about Stephanie Plum, played by Katherine Heigl and her unlucky life. The film starts with her getting fired from her job and getting her car repossessed. She is out on her luck and need cash and quick. He cousin has a bond agent and Plum decides to try and get a job. Lucky for Steph she is quick on her feet and is able to talk her cousin into letting her become a bounty hunter.

The first person she goes after is Joe Morelli, played by Jason o'Mara but she needs training from Ranger played by Daniel Sunjata. Ranger teaches her how to be smart and how to use a gun. He's also very easy on the eyes and super adorable.

We learn that Steph and Joe have a rather interesting past. They used to date and she may or may not have run over his foot with the car. Joe has skipped bail claiming he was charged for a crime he didn't commit. I won't get into to much because I don't wanna ruin the mystery.

The film is very entertaining and keeps you laughing and holding your breath. One minute you are cracking up at how funny Steph is with Joe then the next we are freaking out because people are going missing. It is very witty and at the same time action packed.

I would say that this is a film for a female crowd. We love to see girls kicking but and we like to see bad boys with a sense of humor. I must say I think the guys will enjoy the mystery and the twists you don't see coming. I say give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment